DIY Windmill for kids
Are there any STEM Toys for 6 Year Olds ? The DIY windmill is a fun physics kit for school learning.
1. Love science experiment activities, and try to make simple windmills.
2. Understand the relationship between the rotation speed of this DIY windmill and the levels of wind through experiments
Preparation for the experiment:
Material preparation: plastic paper, plastic rod, and buckle
Experimental principle of the DIY windmill :
1. Core concept: the greater the wind, the faster the windmill speed.
2. Phenomenon explanation:
the fixed shape of the wind blade of the DIY windmill (one side is higher, and the other side is lower than the direction of the wind), can make the wind blow in one direction (from high to low) on the surface of the wind blade, thus changing the direction of the passing wind. Give the wind a turning force, then the wind also gives the wind blade a force in the opposite direction. The wind also has a reaction force on the blade of the fixed switch. The blade is fixed on the windmill shaft, so the force from the wind to the blade is transformed into the shear stress of the windmill through the fixed blade, so the windmill works.
Teacher activity area guidance
1. Experiment (scenario) script:
1) Have you ever played windmill?
2) What kind of windmill can turn?
3) Excitation and exploration: why does the windmill rotate faster when the wind is strong, but slowly when the wind is small?
4) Summary and improvement: the greater the steering force of the wind to the windmill, the faster the windmill turns. Therefore, the greater the wind, the greater the steering force of the wind blade to the wind. Correspondingly, the greater the steering force of the wind to the windmill, the faster the windmill turns
Extended question: what can windmills help us do in our life?
Large class children have certain hands-on abilities, so teachers can provide materials for children to use when making.